Links to resources that might affect trips, e.g., weather, snow, fire, smoke, roads.
Send corrections, additions to Steve.
For those that have Google Earth installed on their computers & want to ‘follow’ the snow pack/melt status [from Mary K.]
- Go to: http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/earth/
- Download: “Snow Analyses Overlays” (.kmz or .kml)
- Open the file with Google Earth
- in Places sidebar, check category: “Snow Cover” or “Snow Depth”
- Zoom into or Search for your place of interest on the map
Fire / Smoke
- Fire / Smoke files (.kml) for use with Google Earth
- Incident Information System (inciweb): prescribed fires, wildfires
- Active Fire Maps
- No. Calif. Smoke Transport and Stability Outlook (by elevation)
- Air Quality conditions